WHAT IS CLEANER PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY ?
Cleaner Production can save money for your company. It is the application of an integrated preventive environmental strategy to processes, products, and services to increase efficiency and reduce risks to humans and environment (UNEP).
Cleaner Production focuses on source reduction and recycling. To reduce wastes, the company can increase product life, change input materials, modify equipment, layout or piping, improve their production process, change equipment to more efficient one, and optimize operating conditions. The company may even look into their operating and management practices for improvements.
CP implementation may:
- Increase productivity
- Reduce operating costs
- Improve worker’s health and safety
- Provide public health and environmental benefits
- Reduce risk of liability
- Improve company image
- Improve global competitiveness
- CP Assessment is initiated with the top management’s recognition to establish a CP program. It is followed by planning and organizing, detailed CP Assessment, feasibility analysis (if needed), implementation of CP and monitoring.
- During planning and organizing, a team of CP assessors for DOST CALABARZON and SUC’s will conduct CP orientation to the company’s CP cause champion(s). The CP assessors together with the CP cause champions will identify the company’s issues and concerns and the focus area of the CP assessment. The group will also identify the environmental Performance Indicators (EPIs), which will be monitored to determine the benefits of implementing CP Assessment in the company.
- The detailed assessment consists of performing material and energy balances, cause-diagnosis, setting of CP targets and generating CP options.
- A CP Assessment report will then be prepared and discussed with the top management/CP cause champions(s). The CP options that are low cost/low risk and feasible are recommended to be implemented by the company.
- Benefits can only be realized through implementation. The benefits of CP implementation can be determined through monitoring of the EPIs. This benefits will make the company continuously find ways to improve their production and sustain the CP programs.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED BY APPLICANTS?
An applicant shall submit documents that are required by respective DOST funding/source agencies. These shall include, among others, the following:
- Complete proposal following the DOST format (See Annex A for Forms- DOST Form No. 1-proposal for S&T Promotion and Linkages projects; Form Nos. 2A, 2B, 2B-1, and 2B-2, for a full-blown proposal for R&D projects; and Form No. 2C for technology transfer and related activities).
- Detailed breakdown of the required fund assistance to indicate the counterpart of the proponent’s institution and other fund sources to be accompanied by a cash program indicating the cash requirements of the project on a monthly basis. All projects with private sector participation funded under GIA funds of DOST and its agencies must have counterpart contribution from the private sector.
- SEC registration for partnerships, corporations, non-government organizations, documents of incorporation of the private sector proponent and other related legal documents.
- Curriculum Vitae of Project Leader and other core researchers / implementers.
- Accomplishment reports and audited financial reports of previous DOST-GIA funded projects (if any).
- Approval from the institution’s ethics review board or from an institutional animal care and use committee.
- For proponents connected with private sector, Surety Bond Application Form, Co-signers Statement (if applicable) and a copy of Income Tax Return.
Check me out! I'm a super cool Tab panel with text content!