Cotabato Region Industry, Energy, Emerging Technology Research and Development Consortium (CRIEERDC) Region 12
Regional Call for Proposals: OPEN
Title: R&D Program for New Researchers and Institutions in the Region
The Cotabato Region Industry, Energy, Emerging Technology Research and Development Consortium of the Department of Science and Technology Region 12 (DOST 12) is ready to accept R&D project proposals for 2023 from all interested proponents in Region 12. The call is open to all existing member institutions of the consortium and institutions in the region who are not yet part or member of CRIEERDC Region 12. The R&D funding to be provided will capacitate researchers and fully complement R&D needs of the country’s human resources and requirements.
The Call for Proposals is for specific priority areas identified by CRIEERDC based on the existing Regional R&D Agenda in the areas of industry, energy, emerging technology, and other special concerns.
The funding opportunity encourages new researchers and institutions from Higher Education Institutes (HEIs), government Research and Development Institutes (RDIs), non-profit S&T networks and organizations, private sector, and other proponents seeking funding for their R&D initiatives.
Identified CRIEERDC Priority Areas:
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Countryside Development
- Competitive Industries
- Intelligent Transportation Solutions
- Renewable Energy and Energy Storage Solutions
Specific Features in this Call
- Maximum of P1M grant provided to approved projects.
- Preference is given to public and private universities and colleges, Research and Development Institutes (RDIs), R&D Consortia, non-profit laboratories, other public or private non-profit S&T institutions located in Region 12.
- The applicant should provide information on the counterpart funding to be provided and its source, as appropriate. Only eligible and allowable costs may be used for counterpart fund and/or in-kind contribution (e.g., utility cost, office space, computer/laptop equipment, etc.) as determined by DOST-PCIEERD.
- The proposal should be supported by a letter of intent from the applicant and an endorsement from the authorized head of organization.
How to apply:
Your application should include the following documents.
- Project Proposal following the DOST Capsule Form;
- Supplementary Files
- Letter of Intent;
- Workplan Schedule (Gantt Chart of Activities);
- Endorsement of Head of Agency;
- Proposed Line-Item Budget (LIB);
- Counterpart Funding &/or in-kind contribution of Implementing Agency;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of Proponent(s).
Submission of Requirements:
Kindly e-mail your complete application to:
ENGR. SAMMY P. MALAWAN, CESE
Chair, Governing Board of CRIEERDC XII and
Regional Director, DOST XII
Department of Science and Technology XII
Brgy. Paraiso, City of Koronadal
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an e-mail of confirmation that the application has been received by the consortium secretariat.
Timeline of Call for Proposals (CRIEERDC)
Monday, March 15, 2021
Thursday, April 15, 2021
April 19, 2021 - April 30, 2021
- In-house screening of capsule proposals in terms of alignment to the research priorities, duplication, and completeness of requirements.
- Technical Review by CRIEERDC XII Research Development Committee (RDC). In this stage of the process, the proponent may need to revise the proposal on the basis of the recommendation of the reviewers.
- Once approved, DOST CRIEERDC XII will endorse the proposal to PCIEERD. The proponent will need to upload the endorsement letter of the regional consortium together with detailed proposal and other requirements to DPMIS Portal.
- The proposal will proceed to PCIEERD’s evaluation process following DOST’s M&E Protocol. The evaluation period is 40 days maximum.
- Final approval by the PCIEERD Governing Council and DOST’s Executive Committee depending on the recommended total budgetary requirements of the proposal.
Please see this link for the complete guideline and form: https://bit.ly/3bK8Fmb.
Thank you for your interest and looking forward to your applications!